Rutgers University, New Brunswick's First-Generation College Celebration
2018 First-Generation College Celebration
The Office of Student Access & Educational Equity (SAEE) is dedicated to providing services that support first-generation, low-income, and historically underrepresented students at Rutgers–New Brunswick. Rutgers is proud of its first-generation students’ success and is dedicated to enhancing supports for students in this population. SAEE is asking that students, faculty, and staff join us for the National First-Generation College Celebration in honor of the 53rd anniversary of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and the contributions of first-generation college students on November 8, 2018 with the Council for Opportunity in Education (COE) and the Center for First-generation Student Success, NASPA.
Ways to get involved at Rutgers:
- Visit the Starbucks on Livingston Campus to take part in the celebration and learn more about the resources and services for first-generation college students between 12:00PM-5:00PM on November 8th. Starbucks will offer a buy-one-get-one promotion from 2:00pm-5:00pm for all celebration participants!
- Visit Lucy Stone Hall, A-Wing, 3rd Floor to learn more about RU1st and Student Access & Educational Equity.
- Wear a shirt: “RU1st”, “I’m First” or a Rutgers Red colored shirt.
- Faculty and Staff are encouraged to join the annual celebration by submitting a photo here to be featured on RU 1st website so students may identify with their first-gen allies.
- Share Your Story! Use Hashtags to join in on social media – Tag @SAEERutgers #RU1st #Celebratefirstgen