Piedmont College's First-Generation College Celebration
2019 First-Generation College Celebration
This year, Piedmont College will host a TWO-DAY celebration:
On Thursday, November 7, there will be a station set up where students can:
- Make a button (says I am first gen),
- Write on a poster that says "To me, being #FirstGen means...",
- Take a picture at our photo booth station,
- Pick up a "1st Gen Proud" laminated placard, and
- Receive a FREE t-shirt that says "1st Gen Proud."
On Friday, November 8, we encourage all students, faculty & staff to wear their t-shirts and buttons and post their 1st Gen placard outside their office or dorm room. Our college's social media accounts will also highlight students, staff and faculty that participated in the event all day Friday online.
2018 First-Generation College Celebration
We had a station set up all day that allowed students to make buttons that say "I am first-gen" and decorate them. We took pictures and posted them on some of the college's social media sites.
Be sure to follow them on Twitter: @piedmontGA and Instagram: @piedmontcollege.