Careers in Student Affairs Month 2018
Careers in Student Affairs (CSAM) is a month-long initiative, each October. CSAM is dedicated to the celebration of a career in student affairs, education and awareness in the profession, and engagement with professional associations and peers in the field. More directly, the goals of Careers in Student Affairs Month are to:
- Celebrate the field of student affairs through opportunities to reflect on individual journeys and experiences
- Provide professional development for student affairs administrators in higher education
- Encourage and promote the profession in order to grow the field of student affairs
- Cultivate spaces for dialogue related to pertinent topics within student affairs
This year, the theme for #CSAM18 is Magnify Your Lens. As a field, student affairs and higher education has a scope that reaches farther than just our campus communities. Careers in Student Affairs Month (CSAM) 2018 explores the impact that members of the profession have on our students, our colleagues, and our communities on campus and beyond to create safer, more inclusive, and more productive communities for all.
During #CSAM18, NASPA will be providing a number of free professional development opportunities for student affairs administrators on their respective campuses. These include the following:
- Live briefings on relevant topics throughout the month
- A blog series from all professional levels in student affairs via the Student Affairs Collective (SAC)
- Weekly #SAChat on Twitter with SAC every Thursday
- A weekday photo challenge
Click here to learn more about the many offerings. Also, if you know anyone who might benefit from any of the following components, make sure to share this page with them!